Sometimes you just want to know the simplest, cheap beauty tips. Simple is best. So is not spending ridiculous amounts money on looking your best. Here are some rules that I’ve learned from friends, makeup artists, and through the grapevine.
10. Toilet paper covers make for great blotting sheets. In an emergency, definitely use this as you don’t want your forehead to be mistaken for an oil slick.
9. Cheapest lip gloss- Vaseline Petroleum jelly
8. Fancy shampoos are overrated. The best clarifying and conditioning shampoos can all be found at your local drugstore, usually for under six bucks.
7. Sleep really is the best beauty remedy there is. The only problem is finding the time on our busy schedules!
6. Don’t drink/smoke excessively.
5. Eat your fruits and veggies. No need to spend money on strange herbs that promise you a bunch of things. What comes from the earth is best for your skin.
4. Smile and have fun when you can. Having a positive outlook can do wonders for your inner and outer beauty.
3. Lipstick/lipgloss can light up your entire face, so splurging on this is okay. A girl’s gotta live, you know.
2. Drink loads of water instead of diet soda. It’ll hydrate and moisturize your skin. Pronto.
1. Treat yourself- The most gorgeous people I know are that way because they’re happy with who they are and they take care of themselves. Beauty really is only skin deep. If you’re happy with who you are, then it’ll shine through.